Community Life Goodness:

Search results for "":

Three Simple Tips to Avoid the Holiday Stress

Three Simple Tips to Avoid the Holiday Stress

‘Tis the season to be busy! Fa-la-la-la-losing our minds! Our family and friends can bring out the best and worst side of ourselves during the holidays. I love my community so this time of year I begin to fantasize about how special every moment will be…but then...
Bailey’s Best Books of 2019

Bailey’s Best Books of 2019

2019 was a year for diving into my reading list! I tackled 100 books and rounded up my 5/5 star rated books with you! You can’t go wrong with any of these books from a variety of genres. All are linked to Amazon so you can easily purchase a few or save them to a...
Not Your Typical Home Tour

Not Your Typical Home Tour

Welcome to our happy place where God’s grace and love covers every square inch! Tim and I have been married for almost five years and one of our mutual missions fields is our home. We both saw our home as a shared commodity for God’s Kingdom–for the...
How to Navigate Online Friendships and Still Be Genuine

How to Navigate Online Friendships and Still Be Genuine

With a lifelong heart for building quality and authentic relationships in-person, I think it would be amiss not to discuss a phenomena in our generation—online friendships. Who would have guessed that a majority of our networking would happen over mediums like...
How Do You Grow Your Capacity to Welcome New Friends

How Do You Grow Your Capacity to Welcome New Friends

What holds you back from inviting others into everyday hospitality? I’m not just talking about a meal at the table but inviting the girl from your class into a conversation, or the new neighbor into your bible study. Having led a small group for over three years, I...
Investing in your soul care to serve others

Investing in your soul care to serve others

Hospitality comes in all shapes and sizes, but it requires the same discipline of making daily deposits to our soul care so we can welcome others with generous hearts. When I am empty, I struggle to be a friendly, kind-hearted person. This horrendous, ugly person...
Turning Mean Girl Comments into Meaningful Connections

Turning Mean Girl Comments into Meaningful Connections

In middle school we read the classic, Anne of Green Gables. The quirky read-head who captures our hearts! In the book Anne asks her best friend, Diana if she would be her bosom friend. The bosom is the heart, where we keep our most secret thoughts and feelings. So,...
Making Friends in College: What I Wish I Had Known

Making Friends in College: What I Wish I Had Known

Community in college was difficult for me. I was constantly comparing my new friends to my old friends. I often chose staying in over going out. And I rarely spent time getting to know someone because I was jumping from one social-circle to the next. If I could go...
The Harmful Narratives to Making Friends

The Harmful Narratives to Making Friends

When we get stuck in our friendships, we listen to harmful voices to clarify what went wrong. When I started college in 2009, I had a lot of unspoken expectations for community. I assumed it would be: + like-minded women who thought about their faith exactly like I...
Tools to Strengthen Your Friendship With Your Spouse

Tools to Strengthen Your Friendship With Your Spouse

When Tim and I met, it was pretty close to “love at first sight.” Within weeks we knew that this was good, and God gave us green lights to move forward towards engagement. Within a year of our first “hello,” we were married. Oh…and then months later, we found out we...