Community Life Goodness:

Search results for "":

How To Love Our Friends In Their Pain–a true story

How To Love Our Friends In Their Pain–a true story

Guest Post by Molly Huffman Growing up in church, I always heard that God loved me. I heard that He would provide for me. I can remember sitting there in the church balcony, tucked under Dad’s arm while Mom sat in the choir loft. I consumed little morsels of the...
Three memorable dinner party ideas post-quarantine

Three memorable dinner party ideas post-quarantine

As our friends and family come out of quarantine, even the simplest thirty-minute conversation on the porch has felt monumental. We usually have a revolving door of friends in our home because my family is full of extroverts and our mission field usually takes place...
Making a tough decision to protect your friendships

Making a tough decision to protect your friendships

{3 min. read} Sometimes to protect your relationships you have to say “no” to other ones. Last year, I took a step back from two godly communities I really cared for. As I tried to manage all these different communities, I found myself growing bitter when...
Ideas to Connect with Others Despite Social Distancing

Ideas to Connect with Others Despite Social Distancing

Our people need us now more than ever! Things have changed drastically for our communities within the last few days. Many of our favorite places to gather with friends and neighbors have shut down for our safety and our favorite weekly rhythms have been replaced with...
5 Binge-Worthy Audiobooks To Listen to Right Now

5 Binge-Worthy Audiobooks To Listen to Right Now

Is your library shut down like ours? As an avid book reader, I panicked just a tiny bit! But then I remembered I had so many resources at my fingertips: Free Little Libraries (find your nearest one by clicking) Borrow books from friends Amazon and of course AUDIOBOOKS...
Three Simple Tips to Avoid the Holiday Stress

Three Simple Tips to Avoid the Holiday Stress

‘Tis the season to be busy! Fa-la-la-la-losing our minds! Our family and friends can bring out the best and worst side of ourselves during the holidays. I love my community so this time of year I begin to fantasize about how special every moment will be…but then...